Monday, January 22, 2007

Sometimes...

I wish I still lived in Indy.

First of all, my brother Dave and I were talking about this, it's weird being in the state of your team. Everyone rooting for the same thing. I guess I got use to the "Underdawg" mentality. I use to get (verbally) beat up by Colts fans all the time living in Indy. That doesn't happen here, tomorrow I'm going to work and will talk about my team. I'll be talking to someone else who cares for my team (besides my brother) for the first time ever.

Tomorrow is going to be a day that I will REALLY miss in the city of Indianapolis. Let me explain what I would do if I were still living there. First, I would get up and go to IUPUI (cause I most likely would still be in school). Then after my classes I would probably have to go to work. All of which I would do wearing (PROUDLY might I add) my Tom Brady jersey, if I could figure out some way to stay up in the booth for my whole shift. I would allow anyone that wanted to, to take their shots at me.

That's what real fans do...support their team when they're up...and carry their team when they're down.

But alas, if I wear my Patriots gear tomorrow here, I won't hear anyone giving me a hard time. It's really going to be quite different, I am finally around people that support my team, and I'm longing for the heckling that I would receive in another city....ummmm...

1 comment:

Hillary said...

there would also be cookies at said place of employment.