Monday, January 21, 2008

And on to Arizona...


So as I watched the last two games of the Patriots I have tried to not get SO emotionally attached. I remember how I felt after last year's AFC Championship, heck I got the flu right after watching our last regular season game this year. I get so into the games (Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics) that I boil over one way or another. This is something I am attempting to control. I enjoy the game, I just don't get so mad or sad that I get sick anymore...or so I hope.

Now if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl...I will be the first one to say we choked. Do I think that the Giants have what is needed to beat the BEST team in the HISTORY of the NFL? No! What everyone (who's watching) is experiencing is history. This is the BEST offense EVER. We have an amazing defense and THE best coach to ever coach the game.


People want to just judge his on the field antics (Spy Gate included), but this coach does so much more. He's the one who wanted Sammie Morris, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Corey Dillon, Junior Seau...the list goes on and on. He's a great coach who doesn't draft the best. We have had a lot of bad picks since he's been here. The people he has put around him to coach the players that he gets for this team have performed at such an amazing level this year.

Now the Patiots are on their way to their 4th Super Bowl in 7 years. I wanted to win last year so that we could be the second team to win 4 in 6 years (the Steelers did it in the 70's), but we folded in the second half of the AFC title game. Not this year...we have been hurt, like a lot of other teams by the injury bug (Scott, Colvin, Morris and Thomas) all impact players, but we have made it thru to the title shot. Our linebackers have been amazing during the playoffs. Who would've thought that the oldest linebacking core in the NFL would be able to do what they've done? When Colvin got hurt, I was really worried about it. Now it seems that they have made sure that years and wisdom have over come speed and youth, one more game to go.


The last thing I wanted to address was the running game. If not for our running backs we would have not made it to the AFC Championship. Maroney has silenced most of his critics by having 2 122 yard games, by running down hill. I hope he keeps it up next year as well.


And the HERO of the game was Kevin Faulk. The guy that when he touches the football, my brother and I both go, "DON'T FUMBLE!!!!!!!" He was known to cough up the football quite often early in his career, but not anymore.

The other thing that was interesting is that the Giants made it to the Super Bowl. Letha commented to me that she was happy because they made it without Tiki Barber. The guy who did nothing but be as selfish as possible for the entire last year he played. Then after he left he wanted to sling more mud. I hope he feels stupid for being a selfish football player (the ultimate TEAM sport) who's team made it to the big game the year HE decided to leave.

3 comments:

mmaier2112 said...

1,2,3...

FUCK THE PATRIOTS!

That is all.

Unknown said...

TYPICAL COLTS FAN!!!

There was an ESPN poll that asked who you thought was going to win the SB. Then the poll showed state by state voting. There were 2 states that thought NYG would win. 1 - NY - obviously and 2 - Indy. Typical ignorant (look up the word) Colt fans. Your team is the team that choked at home, and don't try to blame injuries and/or schedule. Every team has problems. But it is the PATS knocking on the door of history. It is the PATS that have the chance to be the BEST team ever in NFL history. So quit "hatin" Indy!

mmaier2112 said...

MY team is the team that choked?

Yup. Sure did. Guess it's contagious in the AFC...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!

BURN!

(Love you guys!)