Friday, January 08, 2010

Stuff...

So I was thinking that there isn't enough time in the day, I have to work and there are so many other things I want to do...and what do I do with my days off?

I want to learn how to play guitar and piano. I don't know why I didn't try to learn when I was growing up. I guess I just wanted to do the things I already knew how to. I think I am going to talk instruments up to my kids more and more. Then maybe they can teach me a couple of things. It sucks because I liked Music Theory when I was taking it at IUPUI and now most of it escapes me.

I also want to find the time to create movies. I had a lot of fun making films and want to make more. Everytime I get the itch to start writing I have nothing...gotta work on this.

The hard part is to be there for my wife and child(ren). I know I have to make time for me, but I enjoy spending time with the family as well.

I don't know...maybe I will find a lot of money or win the lottery. Then I can learn the instruments I want to learn and make movies I want to make and still have the resources to take care of my family.

I just have to flex some creative muscles...and find a way. That and stop playing so many video games...

3 comments:

mmaier2112 said...

Wouldn't it be great to have your grandkids stumble over a song you wrote?

I just posted on my blog and I think we both need to start writing and playing music.

I'd love to teach Nicholas how to play drums and do a duet with him. (I doubt Dave & Jen will EVER let Drew own a kit, even though I would gladly give him mine.)

I love my XBox but 20 years from now, where did that time go?

Not into love, not into improving myself...... just gone.

And sorry I didn't see this til now. I haven't been checking folks' blogs cuz no one seems to update them.

Jason L. Maier said...

It's cool...Letha and I have been talking about the fact that we want a "music" room in our house (once we get a house). I have a guitar and keyboard. We would welcome a drum kit if you are willing to part with one. You are more than welcome to teach Nick anything...well within reason of his age that is.

mmaier2112 said...

Ooops. Didn't see this reply and yours aren't date stamped.

Hand drums are fun too. And more age-appropriate.

I'm still trying to find a cheap electronic "brain" so I can give Drew my silent practice kit and put triggers on it. But so far, that's looking to cost about $400.