Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gonna wash that...

So we had over 10 inches of rain hit us last weekend. That is over the total of normal amounts of March and April combined. Letha was somewhat worried about the basement flooding (she's been through it before) but me not so much. Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning were all the normal couple of inches (when it rains) then we got home on Monday evening, that's when the levees broke...

My dogs would have loved the indoor swimming pool we came home to. If it weren't for the possibility of gasoline in the water I might have let them. Never the less the 2 feet of water ruined a lot. That night I thought it was mostly replaceable, except for all of my video tapes (especially from my years in high school).

Then I was taking some of it to the curb this evening only to open a box of books. Not just any books...my senior year book, my senior signing book, my scripts, my card collections and all of my drawing pads from when I was really young.

It just sucks that all of these things got destroyed at once. I couldn't even convince myself to throw all of it away.

No comments: