Thursday, July 20, 2006

Waiting...

no I'm not talking about the movie starring Ryan Reynolds. I'm talking about me sittting back and finding out about the place I want to live. I should find out in the next couple of days...so let's keep our fingers crossed for good ol'Jason. I could use the good luck, as this blog will tell you soon.

Couple of things I'm thinking about right now...why is it that I have so little time when I go back to Indy for the first time? Letha warned me about trying to make too many plans when I need to pack up all of my things. I'm trying to be positive about it and thinking it won't take too long. But I want to see a bunch of my friends...

My father and I always discussed how a car can't have a name until it has some character...

And a car can't have character if it looks like every other car of the same make and model, it has to have distinguishing characteristics. Well Dad, you'd be proud to know my car now has a name...

BRUTUS

There is a reason I have decided to name him Brutus. In my opinion the version of the Chevy Impala that I have has a MEAN look to the front of it. Like it's just waiting to spring into action, which is one of the reasons why I like the car so much. But now it looks like it's eye brows are raised and is growling at you, as if he's a mean guard dog. And right now, he's pissed. What did I do to cause this effect you might ask?

I hit a flat-bed transportation truck on the way to work the other day, just barely, but I still hit it. I had my foot off both the gas and break, creeping towards a red light, when I got distracted by a building (I know...as Letha put it on MySpace, maybe I should have been distracted by a hot woman instead). My brain went on cruise control for a couple of seconds and then I heard KKKRRRRUUUUNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Both drivers were fine, the truck wasn't damaged as I went under the rear bumber. If it had been a regular vehicle, I would have tapped it with no damage to either auto. But as it stands, it buckled my hood, scratched my bumber, and broke a headlight. The good news it's all cosmetic damage, so it's still drivable. Bad news is I can't open the hood so I can't do all the regular stuff, like checking my oil level. So I have to figure out how to get it fixed and soon.

So Brutus felt like he had to bite the ass of the truck and now I'm paying for it. But at least I know he's trying to protect his master.

I've included some pics for your savage amusement. Go ahead and laugh, I've already cried about it (internally of course).

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

3 comments:

Shane M. White said...

Jeez dude, that really does look like it SUCKS! Glad to know you're okay, physically. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon, and resolve the B.S. insurance issue you've got.

I sure hope I don't get cut out of the plans for your trip back home... I'll talk to you soon.

mmaier2112 said...

I am speechless....

mmaier2112 said...

Have you considered that your car may be pissed off at YOU?