Monday, October 29, 2007

Your 2007 World Champion...

RED SOX!!!!!


I stayed up until 1 in the morning (Why is baseball so stupid? The game could have been started at 4 P.M. You lose any chance that kids could enjoy the game. Stupid commissioner, real stupid.) watching baseball related television. I do have to apologize to the skipper. While I didn't agree with the way the second half of the season went, it played out exactly the way they hoped. I'm done critizing Francona. 2 championships in 4 years after an eighty-six year drought is fantastic managing.


Then to top it all off, we have a ton of YOUNG players that are only going to get better.


Lester pitched a beautiful game, one year after finding out he had cancer.


And Jacoby Ellsbury is just NASTY. My brother David has been raving about this kid for a couple of years now. I STILL think the Sox should keep Crisp somehow, but hey...this front office has done some amazing things so far.


I enjoyed watching my Red Sox win the whole thing again, and I hope they can do so when I have kids old enough to care. Maybe by then it will be at an appropriate time slot.

The other thing that popped into my brain today was this:

The Patriots were the first of my friends teams to win the Super Bowl recently. Then the Steelers added their 5th and the Colts their first. I wonder if this means the Pirates and the Cubs are due for World Series wins...interesting.

In other baseball news, A Rod has opted out of his Yankee contract. I hope he goes somewhere that pays him a lot of money where he can break the home run record and never sniff the World Series again. I don't like this guy, and while he's an amazing player, never would want him to be a Red Sox player...EVER!

3 comments:

Shane M. White said...

Congrats to you and your brothers and other family members who care about the Red Sox. It's a great feeling when your team wins - and you guys did it AGAIN in an impressive way.

8-0 in your last two World Series appearances... That's a shiny number.

Jason L. Maier said...

You are right, me and mine have two teams with an 8-0 record. :-P

mmaier2112 said...

Not for long!