Thursday, February 28, 2008

What I've been up to...

Well this past weekend I finished a book, MARLEY & ME by John Grogan.


If you have a dog (or ever had a dog or even wanted a dog), then this book is for you. It's a great story about John and how he had a wonderful dog named Marley. I won't lie...it is the entire life of the dog including his death. I was crying so hard at this point, I couldn't read the book...I would have to calm down enough to continue, only to end up sobbing a few sentences later. It took me a while to finish that chapter.

The only reason I was having such a difficult time, was because I kept thinking of Kaylee the entire time.


Speaking of Kaylee...she got spayed 2 weeks ago and is recovering nicely. She is lively as ever...I will put up some pics of her in her cone (to keep her from getting at the stitches) in the next couple of days...

I saw FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS and THE LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA on DVD at home. FLAGS was an okay movie...not Eastwood's greatest, but LETTERS was great. For being a movie from the Japanese perspective...I thought it was done superbly.

On other movie news...Letha and I are watching the Indiana Jones trilogy currently (she hasn't seen all of them). I also wanted to see all of them before the new movie coming out this summer. We watched RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK...still a great film over 20 years later. We just got TEMPLE OF DOOM in the mail, and we're going to watch that one in the next couple of days...

Speaking of movies and rentals...Letha and I are members of NetFlix. This service is awesome, I don't accumliate anything that takes up space (mind you, that I will still buy movies if it's something special). We got a subscription for Christmas (Thank you, McNear) and it's been great since we started watching DVDs at home more than going to the movies.

4 comments:

Shane M. White said...

Glad to see a new blog from you. I saw this book not too long ago and thought about picking it up as a gift for a friend (who actually has a Mastiff named Marley). But, after your review, I might have to read it myself too.

You're selling me more and more on Netflix...

Jason L. Maier said...

Someone is making this into a movie...and it's going to be out at Christmas. I'm NOT happy I read it BEFORE the movie comes out...because I always want the better version after the crappier version. Also, I'm not sure with who they have cast. Jennifer Aniston as the wife, Jenny...no big deal, I'm sure she'll do her normal "OKAY" performance. But they got Owen Wilson to play John???? Whiskey tango foxtrot...

I don't think he's worth anything in serious roles...Owen, do us a favor and stick to comedies. I will be the first to admit I'm wrong, IF I like what he does in this film.

mmaier2112 said...

WHAT? You are SOOOOOOO overlooking his massively awe-SUM! role in "Behind Enemy Lines"!

Unknown said...

Dude - I literally watched that movie with the surround sound cranked last night after the celts game.

Embrace the Cheese!