Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The suckwad that is Hollywood...

has produced another HORRIBLE sequel to a GOOD franchise (I would have said GREAT, but T3 was already made).

I have seen not too many bad comments about the pile of crap that is SALVATION, yet nobody is saying it's a "good" movie. I keep hearing, "the effects were good" (which they were...for the most part) and "what did you expect from a Terminator movie?"

I'm sorry...the first 2 films (both done by James Cameron) actually had some emotion and realism to them. I constantly find myself going back to discussions I have had with my brother Michael, about movie staying REAL in their own realm. No time travel and man sized killer machines DON'T exist, but Cameron's films gave you the feeling of them possibly existing. I watch this turd of a movie and think of how ridiculous some of the story line (what little there is of one) is. You feel NO EMOTION for anyone (including John Connor) at any point in the film.

The other part that kills me is Hollywood. Yes, it's a business and they want to pack the auditoriums...but you hear a lot of actors (Christian Bale) and directors (McG) talk about it being art. Some people have theories that SUMMER movies aren't art but just cash cows...this is one of the movies that proves that point true. Look at last year...THE DARK KNIGHT, IRON MAN and THE INCREDIBLE HULK...summer movies that could be considered art but at least they were fun. TERMINATOR: SALVATION was the worst summer movie I have seen this year as of now(and I won't be surprised if I still say that at the end of the summer) and I would put it up with one of the biggest disappointments of the last couple of summers (Indy 4 is also up there).

The last thing that has been bugging me about T4 is the one particular scene (no spoilers here). At some point Hollywood thought it would be a GREAT idea for one "accident" to become 8 more "accidents" and then ending up helping out the main character...this isn't good or clever writing, especially when it is so predictable...

I am a main stream movie goer that loves working at the art house for the atmosphere...maybe I should learn to LOVE the product we show at my theatre...oh wait, I saw that piece of crap T4 at my theatre...

3 comments:

mmaier2112 said...

I'm expelling gas right now that is more interesting than T4.

And they're both putrid.

Unknown said...

your mom watched T4. No really, did she???????

mmaier2112 said...

no. she did not.

She DID, however, teach a concert goer how to dance.