Monday, March 24, 2008

New Movies Coming Out...(part 1)

This Friday begins the movie "season" for me. I really enjoy seeing films in the theatre...but I also have learned to stay away (mostly) from cinema in the usual slump times (February - April & September - October) in my recent years.

21 - opens this Friday

A movie based on the book BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE, about a group of MIT students that take Vegas for Millions. Sean, at work, said it was horrible, but I still think it looks good, so I'm gonna give it a shot.



LEATHERHEADS - next Friday (the 4th)

George Clooney doing comedy (like the good old days of FACTS OF LIFE and RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES) is a lot of fun, and I loved Renee Zellweger in DOWN WITH LOVE. Plus it's a football movie...it'll be fun to watch this comedy I think.



FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL - April 18th

Jason Segel (HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER & KNOCKED UP) wrote and stars in this comedy about a guy trying to get away from his ex, only to end up at the same resort as her.



HAROLD AND KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO - April 25th

The stoners are back and causing trouble on their way to Amsterdam. The first one is still a lot of fun to watch.



Then the summer opens up with:

IRON MAN - May 2nd

This looks like a really good, fun, popcorn flick. Robert Downey look like he had a lot of fun playing Tony Stark. The armor looks amazing, and I haven't hated anything Jon Favreau's directed. I can't wait to see it, as it will be my first experience at the new AMC Castleton in Indianapolis.



SPEED RACER - May 11th

Based on the cartoon and done by the Wachowski Brothers, this movie looks like it isn't going to have a whole lot os substance...but man does it look cool and fun. Emile Hirsch looks great and so does Matthew Fox.



INDIANA JONES AND THE KINDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL - May22nd

The latest movie involving this great character...it brings back good memories of when I was younger. I just hope it can live up to the hype I have for it.



KUNG FU PANDA - June 6th

A fun looking kid's movie about a panda learning kung-fu...it doesn't get any better than that.



THE HAPPENING - June 13th

The latest film from M. Night Shyamalan. this guy has been very hit and miss for me, but can anyone forget the way you felt the first time you saw THE SIXTH SENSE? Plus, Mark Wahlberg is in it... I really enjoy watching the movies he chooses to do.



THE INCREDIBLE HULK - June 13th

Now this movie looks worst than the first one (effects wise)...but I will go and see it, since it's a comic book movie. I'm hoping they do a better writing job than the first one.



GET SMART - June 20th

Steve Carell has saved the comedies of this decade, since his bit part in BRUCE ALMIGHTY. Anne Hathaway is really a beautiful woman and can do comedy pretty well. I remember watching the old t.v. episodes with my parents growing up.



WALL·E - June 27th

Looks like another great instant classic from Disney and Pixar.



Well this covers until the end of June, what I want to see. Stayed tuned for more...

1 comment:

Justin said...

Ahh welcome Dr.Jones...