Friday, April 30, 2010

Now we'll have to see...



It is going to be interesting to see how Kenneth Branagh handles this.  Thor has been one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time.  I hope that the movies will do justice to the comic books.  On a side note, Josh Whedon (my favorite media creator) is going to be directing THE AVENGERS movie.  That is going to be a blast.  J.J. didn't do too bad with STAR TREK and Faverau did a good job with the first IRON MAN.  Speaking of which, IRON MAN 2 will be my son's 2nd movie (first being KICK-ASS), 2nd comic book movie as a matter of fact.  Less than a week away. 

P.S. - Happy 3rd week to my son Nicholas Alan.

3 comments:

Justin said...

im certainly looking forward to it..also very happy whedon got the avengers!...

mmaier2112 said...

I'm not. Whedon is overrated.

Branagh looks old to me. In the comics, I see Thor as a 20-ish-looking dude. A semi-adolescent among the gods (at least until around issue 337 of the original run) I have zero confidence in a good Thor movie, but we'll see.

I also think Thor is a bad choice to bring to the Avengers milieu.

You have the Hulk, Iron Man, Nick Fury and the Black Widow; all reality-based. I'm guessing they're adding Captain America too.

Bringing Thor into the mix brings magicks / other dimensions into the picture. I think that's a bad idea.

Jason L. Maier said...

Mike that isn't Branagh...the pic is of Chris Hemsworth (he played Kirk's Dad in the latest STAR TREK). Branagh is directing. I agree with you that it is going to be tough to weave it all together (magic and tech) but at least Whedon is good with ensemble casts.