Sunday, April 25, 2010

So we're past two weeks old already...

If anyone reads this that is going to become a Dad at any point in your life.  Talk to the fetus...I did for a little while and then, like everything else, I fell out of habit with it.  Now it seems (to me at least) that he doesn't recognize my voice.  I am going to change this and I have some ideas of how to do so, but the fact remains he almost always looks towards Letha when she says anything...and every now and then looks my way.  It could be because of the fact that she is the feeder and I'm just the guy who gives him his baths (which he doesn't like at all).  I know at some point he's going to know who I am, but right now it doesn't seem to matter who you are unless your his mother.

Things are different but not as radically as everyone said they'd be.  For Letha it's a lot different (anytime he stirs she wakes up) because she feeds him and changes him (and while I'm sleeping).  My wife is amazing...as her thought process is since I'm working, she attempts to take care of him while I am sleeping.  When she reaches a point when she is really tired, she'll wake me up to help out.  We are also hoping to get more on to a schedule in the next week or so.  Things are only going to get better and I hope I can remember with the next pregnancy to talk to my unborn child A LOT more.  Maybe Nick will be talking to the baby too.

I am also very grateful for the help that we have received from Letha's Mom and Jason McNear.  It's making the hours at my job a lot more tolerable.

My favorite things that Nicholas currently does are his smiling (it's so damn cute) and his squeaking.  He squeaks quite often while he's sleeping (and it's usually followed by a smile).  The first time I heard it I was sitting on the couch and thought Kaylee or Drake had their squeaking toy bone.  Nope that was in the middle of the living room floor.  Then when I looked down at him again, out came another one.  I had one of those moments where you are the only one to witness something so you start looking around seeing if anyone else was present for such an event...then you realize you were the only one.  No camera in reach either...dang it.

I will add some more pictures in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

mmaier2112 said...

I know you probably have it covered, but don't stop taking pictures.

That's one of the bummers of my life, that I didn't bring a camera with me enough.