Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Apartment HUNTING!!!

So I have now joined all the other people in big cities in the very hard task of finding a place to hang my hat. Granted I only looked at one place, but if this is the kind of stuff I have to look towards I think I will enjoy moving farther away and commuting each day.

The girl who answered the door was a cute petite brunnette, about my height, and a nose ring. My first thought was, "Shane would LOVE this girl!" She took me around the apartment(really a house, that had been seperated) and showed me the two rooms that are available. She also showed me the basement and the attic (trying to sell me on amble storage space). Then I met her roommate Andrew, both seemed excited about the fact that they would be able to see free movies if I lived there. Everyone is always looking for free movies from us movie theatre workers (can I get an AMEN?). But unfortunately I was unimpressed overall, there just wasn't a clean feeling thru most of the house(the basement smelled infected with mold), so I'm most likely looking elsewhere. Nice first experience to have looking for a place as far as the two renting out the rooms.

My brother is moving out here next week. He's gonna live with our uncle until his family follows him in 6 weeks. Exciting stuff, my sister-in-law has an interview at Boston's Children Hospital. Also, my girl is coming to see me in a week. I plan on taking her to Cape Cod and spend a couple of days laying on the beach and relaxing in Welfleet (it's near the end of the hook of Cape Cod).

It's really beautiful out here. I think it's weird that there are tond more trees here than in Indy or even 30 minutes out of the city. I finally know what everyone is talking about Indiana is FLAT! Now don't get me wrong, I love and miss what I think I'll consider my hometown for the rest of my life(which I never did when I lived there, see what distance will do to you), but there are tons of hills and lakes all around the place out here. If you come to visit me, you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for reading to my rant for the day. I have the next two days off so I will be catching up on sleep and doing some more apartment hunting. So until next time...

3 comments:

Shane M. White said...

AMEN!
But, we LOVE the power it makes us feel, when we control the movie watching for a certain group of people. We missed you at "Click" tonight!

Brunette? I don't know.
Thanks for looking out for me though.

Much love brother.

mmaier2112 said...

Piss on your hat, Shane!

mmaier2112 said...

And how could you live down in IU territory and think Indiana is all flat?