Monday, June 12, 2006

LOST...

So there I was leaving work a little early, I finished up all my work, so I decided to go to the local mall and treat myself to a little spending at Best Buy. Now my friend Dione warned me not to go out and spend money on myself to make me feel good, so I didn't. I used a reward zone certificate and what was left of my gift card from the Keystone management crew to buy a couple of CDs.

That's not where the fun started. So when I left the mall (which if you listen to Dane Cook, I was at the Galleria!!!!) I asked for directions (yes, I can ask for directions) and went the way I thought I was suppose to go...
then I was in West Boston, which meant I crossed a bridge and didn't even know it. So again I had to ask for directions. After doing an illegal u-turn (in front of a Police Officer) I found another person who directed me, correctly this time, to where I wanted to go. I really want to explore this city, but I hate doing it alone.

I have this weird seperation issue. I like having people around, hence why I spend so much time on the phone, so I get panicked if I'm by myself and get lost. Which is weird because in Indy there were times when I would drive around by myself and listen to CDs and sing along, this way I wasn't bugging anyone. It has to be the fact that I don't have any friends out here. Not that I'm doing a whole lot to help that situation. I'm trying to follow Lee's advice and not curl up in a bubble and be a recluse. I hope it'll be different when I get my own place. If I go out and start making friends with people I want to be able to drink. Out of respect for my grandparents I refuse to show up to their house drunk EVER!!!!

Well enough opening up myself...for now.

3 comments:

Shane M. White said...

Open up more!
And write more!
We LOVE to read it, and want to know what's going on out east.

Stop cruising MySpace and make time for your blog! Or, writing a script...?

mmaier2112 said...

How the hell do you cross a bridge without knowing it? Are you HIGH?

mmaier2112 said...

And why isn't my blog in your links?