Saturday, May 12, 2007

Heroes and stuff...

Okay so Shane was right Heroes is a good show. Not a GOOD show a REALLY good show. I've made it thru 12 episodes in 2 days basically. This makes me wonder a couple of things...is a show good just because it gives you a cliff hanging ending? No, because I am losing my love for a show that use to be about endings, 24. I defended the show when he turned one of the characters into a crazy person this season and when it killed one of my favorite characters (that I was happy they brought back to the show, but he was on a pilot that got picked up on a different station).

It's just that I enjoyed 24 for the way it kept coming up with new scanarios for Jack Bauer. Between the last two seasons I got caught up on all of the past seasons, maybe why I liked it so much was because it was fresh to me. Knowing all of the seasons now, you can see a plain as day formula they use every year, it's getting old. This season might not be the end of 24, but it might be the end of Jason watching with anticipation every week.

That's what so good about Heroes...it's fresh.

Change of subject. I started freaking out about the wedding a little bit the other day. We are on the website THE KNOT (use it if you are planning a wedding), and it has a to-do list and is it long. Some of the stuff doesn't apply to what we are doing, so I got it off our list...but there is still lots to do. I called Letha and started expressing my worries, and she told me to relax.

"There is a reason why I've been planning since September."

She's the best. Right now we are trying to figure out where we are going to live come August 1st. Should be lots of fun apartment hunting together...yeah right.

I'm excited about coming home next month, still trying to cram to much into a weekend. We have the wedding to attend on Saturday, the reception, a party afterwards, and then paint ball the next morning. It's been a while since I got to shoot anyone. I'm looking forward to it, the thrill of freaking out while on the playing field. This time I have an advantage, I'll be on Mark's team. Mark takes his paintballing seriously. It's always a challenge to play against him. Looking forward to being on his team for the 2nd time.

2 comments:

Justin said...

only a matter of time before we have them in our sights!!!

Shane M. White said...

Glad you're enjoying "Heroes".

It really is a GREAT show.

GOOD LUCK with the Wedding Planning.