Monday, May 07, 2007

Okay, so it's been a while...

Well I'm back in Quincy, after a long and fast weekend in Indy.

Friday, I got home from work around 12:30 a.m. and didn't fall asleep until 2 a.m. Letha woke up at 3 a.m. and got everything ready. Woke me up and then drove down to Providence, RI for our flight at 6:10. This is where U.S. Air started to piss us off. We get to the airport and they are the only ones with a line that looks like an amusement park ride in the middle of a summer day. Their automated check-ins were down, and they were in such a hurry to get everyone situated and to their flights they didn't check us in to our 2nd leg. We didn't think anything of it, and proceeded to catch our flight. So we land in Washington D.C. around the time we were suppose to and got to the U.S. Air counter and asked about our boarding passes. They instructed us to go down stairs and everything would be good. So we get downstairs and stand to the side, they then tell us they have 1 seat left. Letha and I looked at each other and couldn't believe what we were being told. Basically what happened is they over sold our flight, and since the jackasses in RI didn't check us into any seats in the morning we got bumped to stand by without being told. (Side note - if you purchase your seats online with CHEAP TICKETS, EXPEDIA, or any other cheap site, make sure you choose your seats as quickly as possible or this could happen to you to.) So our next option was to leave D.C. at 4:30 p.m. and get to Indy around 6:30 p.m. For our troubles we got bumped to 1st class, given 2 round trip tickets, and $20 in food money at the airport. I felt really bad for Lee and Justin (and found out Shane took a half day, just today) for taking the time off from work to see Spider-Man 3 with Letha and I. Needless to say that didn't happen, sorry again guys.

Saturday was a lot of fun. We (Letha and I) woke up at 5:45 a.m. and made our way downtown with Letha's Mom and Niece (Tia). We got in line for the half marathon known as the MINI and then proceeded to walk 13.1 miles. Yep, I stupidly thought I didn't have to prepare for it...boy was I wrong. I wish I had done a little of training for this thing. It hurt after mile 6, it was painful around mile 8, and I wanted to say forget it around mile 10, but I kept going. Letha's Mom was my inspiration. She is around the age of my mother and she has not 1 but 2 bad knees. So bad the doctor's told her to have them replaced 5 or more years ago. She looked like she was hurting also but she pushed thru it and we all finished together (finish time offically was 3:54). I had trouble walking all day long afterwards, and have a HUGE blister on my right foot. After that was when we started the partying. We had a cookout at Letha's Mom's house, who lives on 2 1/2 acres in Anderson. We played some football (which for some reason I thought was a good idea after beating up my body all morning), hung out at a bon fire, and drank. I stupidly drank alot. My problem was I couldn't feel what I had already had drank so I kept drinking more wondering why I wasn't drunk. Then all of a sudden I was DONE!!!!! Apparently I was funny, I hope so. Cause I put myself to bed at one point...

Then that leads us to Sunday. I woke up with the haziness of being hungover. Dazed and barely able to figure out where I was, I decided to make my way outside. OWWWWWWWWW, my legs were burning with the fire of a thousand suns (I guess dehydrating myself by walking the MINI, then running as hard as I could during football, and then more dehydrating of myself by drinking ALOT wasn't the best ideas I have ever had). I crawled out of the tent and found my way to the fence where all of the Irish Car Bombs I had comsumed the night before decided they didn't like being in my stomach. They violently forced themselves out the same way they went in. Usually, I feel better after throwing up...that didn't happen this time. So I stumbled my way back to the tent and fell back asleep. Waking up an hour later, feeling the same as I did when I last woke I decided to get back to the business of Paris Hilton and all of those other really skinny girls. This time I didn't make it entirely out of the tent. My head popped out of the tent as if emerging from some comedy to spy on someone. There I finished throing up the alcohol. Next up was the dry heaves. My body was freezing, which is why I left it in the tent, but my face was burning up (perhaps it was the sunburn from not wearing sunscreen on Saturday) so all of the people up that morning got to see just my head heaving every couple of minutes. At least I did it while smiling like an idiot.

It was a great weekend, and I have been doing nothing but relaxing today as my legs and lower back aren't too happy with what I did this weekend. I'll be back soon...maybe.

Peace.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I hope you feel better! Congrats on doing the Mini!

Justin said...

Hungry Howies is the best..well get it next time your down...danananana-danananananana-dananananana

mmaier2112 said...

Jason SUCKS!

Shane is wrong.

And word verification is FUCKING GAY!

That is all.