Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hey Y'All watch this...

It's your Man of Steel stopping by to tell you NOT to watch a fellow superhero movie. No, it's not because he's a Marvel character and I'm a DC one...it's cause it sucks.

I to know how it feels to be a part of crappy movies (look at my Superman 3 and 4). My only wish is they don't make another Spider-Man movie EVER! The box office grosses say that isn't going to happen. I must say that I'm happy with how my movie career is taking off (bad pun, but I had to do it) again. Bryan Singer didn't give us the best Superman movie yet, but he had to give everybody a movie that was and wasn't an origin story to get all the new fans who might not have seen the originals. I am SUPER excited about the next one...his track record only got better with the 2nd X-Men movie (such a shame Fox couldn't wait to do another one, they can wait over 10 years for another Die Hard, but they can't wait a couple of more years for him to do the X-Men movie that would've knocked everyones socks off.).

So back to the turd that sam Raimi laid out for the world to see. I can't put all the blame on Sam Raimi, but his directing was bad. The words were bad and BADLY delivered. I was chatting up the Green Lantern earlier and he insisted that Spider-Man 2 was the worst of the series. But then again GL thought that X3 wasn't THAT bad of a movie. He also mentioned that he wished he could have lowered my expectations for the film. First, I already had from what Lee and the Flash told me...but second, I shouldn't have to lower my expectations for a movie of this magnitude. This movie should have delivered on everything I wanted it to be...but it seems they dumbed this one down like X3. Now for some reason the masses love both of these movies but they just feel like crap. At least I didn't have to sit thru 2 and 1/2 hours of a bad X-Men movie.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Hey at least they make movies about you..they keep pushing mine back..i guess the movie would be to FAST for people to comprehend..lol

mmaier2112 said...

I cannot fathom how you didn't like it.

I thought it was good, not great, but good.

Oh well.