Friday, June 13, 2008

One away from...

#17!!!

I am going to admit I turned off the t.v. not once, but twice last night. I turned it off right after Doc's technical foul (which was deserved, but he had every reason to be heated after his team was molested then clearly tripped in 2 possessions) for about 5 minutes.

Once I turned it back on, I tried to watch as I felt we got hosed by the officials in the first 6 minutes of the first quarter. I thought it was too much for us to overcome and I was right, until mid way thru the third. At the beginning of the third quarter we just weren't playing defense...so I turned it off a second time and headed to bed with Letha. I was so heated I was restless...I had to turn the game back on and see how bad it was.

That's when The Celtics were only down by five near the end of the 3rd. Mind you they were down by 20, let me repeat that...20 points when I turned it off and went to bed. The officials somewhat redeemed themselves in the second half and seemed to call it pretty fairly. So I missed the bulk of one of the greatest comebacks in history because I was so emotionally invested...and it was 11 p.m. and I was tired. Letha and I watched the rest of the game and I fell asleep so easily after the game. Thanks Doc, Paul, Rayray and KG for giving me a good night's rest...and if it's not asking for too much, can you put me to bed in a happy mood on Father's Day?

2 comments:

Shane M. White said...

The league will ask the Celtics to tank it on Sunday, to create at least a Game Six, and the Celtics will want to win it at home in front of their loving hometown crowd.

So, don't get too upset when they lose on Sunday - they are doing it for YOU.

The Bulls did it twice during the Jordan years. There's something about knowing you have two home games to close it out, that you're pretty sure you can do it. Especially when you're like the Celtics and only lost there once the entire playoffs.

Unknown said...

I love watching the Euro Weenies watching the C's driving and them looking around like "that wasn't my guy"! That drive by Allen was perfect, clear out and drive. Also, Kudos to Doc. He made the adjustments (the opposite of Larry Legend in the series against the Bulls when Jackson put Scottie P on Mark J. and basically ended the series) that needed to be made and he stuck to it. Good for him. Also IF the C's win, the MVP will go to Pierce, but Allen deserves it. Wow, unbelievable!!!